Thursday, January 6, 2011

The New Collection

As much as I do love Disneyland and Disney in general, I'm not obsessed with it like a lot of people out there.  I don't collect every Disney thing I can possibly get my hands on.  I don't have a Disney wardrobe that I wear to the Park every time I go.  But I do really love Tinkerbell and have some Tinkerbell items (mostly gifts from my husband), and I am starting a small collection of Tinkerbell pins that I have on my Passport lanyard.

But this post is about a different collection...pressed pennies.  I had always seen pressed penny machines in touristy places, but never bothered to get one done.  It just wasn't all that appealing to me.  And then last March, while on our "every two years" vacation to Kauai with my family, I decided at the airport on our way home, that I wanted a Kauai pressed penny.  They had a machine in the middle of the terminal, and one of the choices (there are usually three) was a rooster.  If you've ever been to Kauai, you know about the roosters.  Everywhere you go, roosters.  It's a big part of that island's experience, and the idea of a pressed penny with a rooster on it just really appealed to me.  So I got it and brought it home.

And now I have started a Disneyland pressed penny collection to add to that first one.  I hope to have ALL of them eventually, but there are a lot of machines in that park, as well as CA Adventure, and you multiply that by three options in each machine, and well...that's a lot of pennies!  So I started, of course, with the Tinkerbell pennies, and have slowly added to them.  I do a few each visit, as long as I have the change for it already, and I look forward to the day when I (hopefully) have them all.  I even splurged and bought a Tinkerbell pressed penny holder in the Penny Arcade to keep them all in one place.  It's a fun little souvenir of my favorite place in the world!

P.S. You can do quarters and nickels too!


A long way to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment