Friday, January 14, 2011

The Trip Down Memory Lane

May 29, 1983.

It's my 8th birthday, and my parents have dropped off my older brothers, 15 and 13, at Glen Helen in San Bernardino for the US Festival.  And we are on our way to DISNEYLAND!!!

It was my first time at the Park, back in the days when California Adventure was still a parking lot.  I honestly don't remember a whole lot about this day at The Happiest Place on Earth.  But I do still have one vivid memory...

My first roller coaster ride is The Matterhorn, and my dad is taking me on it with him (mom is WAY prone to motion sickness).  Once we get up to the front and are getting into the bobsled, I am now crying and freaking out and want off the ride...it's too scary!!  But dad won't let me off, and away we go!  By the time we get to the end of it, I am laughing my head off and want to go again.  Typical kid LOL  Thanks mom and dad for taking me to Disneyland on my 8th birthday, and starting my love affair with this magical place!

Several years later, I spent a memorable day there with my cousin Erin, who lived in Anaheim at the time.  It was just the two of us that day, in our early teens, and we decided to take a ride on the train for a bit.  Well, that little ride turned into about a 4 hour ride, thanks to the super cute Cast Member working on the car we were riding in.  I think we strained a few muscles that day, flirting our butts off with that poor Cast Member.  He probably couldn't wait to finish his shift on that ride, but he never let on.  He was, as they all are, gracious and kind and very tolerant of two giggling teenage girls.

And now, I am making new memories with my husband and friends at a place that continues to make me happy, no matter how many times I visit.  I hope and pray that it will always be this way...

Enjoy the retro pictures!

Can't tell at ALL it's the 80s, can you? :) (Notice my dad's Cal High Grizzlies hat!)



Oh, the outfits!

The first trip with my husband, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment